Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 18th, 2012



Venice!!! Oh how I really enjoyed that city. The fact that it is surrounded by water and you take boats to get around the city is probably the greatest thing ever. So in the morning we took a walking tour of the city getting to know the highlights of the city like St. Marc's square. I went into the basilica which let me tell you was absolutely beautiful. Churches sometimes have this creepy feel to them but this church was covered head to toe with paintings which made it very warm to go into. Next, I went to the palace. This palace had many many rooms that contained such wonderful art that accented each room. The best part of this whole palace was hands down the dungeons. The dungeons were so interesting and quite large if I may say so. The whole palace was just super interesting. After our wonderful day in Venice, our tour director told us that he had a surprise for us. Turns out he took us to a vineyard to learn about wine and taste some wines exclusive to Italy. These wines are not in the US at all. So I definitely got bottle or two (wink wink daddy :) They were really good :)

Off to Rome tomorrow. 7 hours on a bus. God bless my knees that they don't fall off.

Chao

No comments:

Post a Comment